jacqui{JB}

"sandy" > wrote in message

> Just bought a plastic Spritz cookie press,,,and I'm
> having a lot of problems,,,,,when I put the dough
> in and press down,,the press pops up no matter
> how tight I screw it in.What is the problem and
> am I doing something wrong? Please help.
> Thanks for all your help.Sandy

Sounds to me like your cookie dough's too stiff. Are you using a
recipe specifically for a cookie press? Most of the press recipes
I've seen generally have some explanation what to do if the dough
isn't coming out of the press -- the dough's too cold (the butter's
too hard), there's too much flour (creating a stiffer dough), that
kind of thing.

-j