The Joneses

Dwayne wrote:

> My wife made jelly from rose hips 28 years ago, and now we cant find the
> recipe. Would you please give us yours? I remember a clear jelly that had
> a rose flavor, she remembers mixing it with another fruit juice to make the
> Jelly. We could both be right, but that is a long time to try to remember.
> Thanks in advance.

In several of my herbals, it's mentioned that one could lay a leaf of rose
geranium (sp. Pelargonium) in the bottom of a jar and pour apple jelly over,
then can as usual. Some rose geraniums are so engineered that they don't smell
too rosy, ya gotta be picky about the variety you use. Regular geraniums won't
do it.
Edrena