Bob Pastorio

Default Cloudy Stainless Steel Frying pan?

Dwight wrote:

> Our frying pans have developed a white, cloudy stain.
>
> We have used Soft Scrub on them, and the cloud looks a bit like Soft Scrub.
>
> Should we try to remove it?
>
> If so, how?

Soft Scrub is an abrasive cleanser designed for cleaning bathtubs and
the like. What you've done is scratch the surface and create a zillion
little grooves in it. It's not a stain, it's scored metal.

Stick to steel wool for scouring and try to get that polish back. You
don't say if it's the inside or the outside of the skillets are white.
Nor do you say if they're non-stick. If non-stick, wash with a soft
sponge or cloth and don't rub very hard.

In any event, ditch the Soft Scrub for cleaning metals unless you want
them all to look like old pewter.

Pastorio