Julia Altshuler

Default baking squash - cut side UP or DOWN??

cheaper by the dozen wrote:
> I have a weird gray-skinned round squash, cut in half and ready for the
> oven. I've found contradicting recipes on the web - do I bake cut side UP
> or Down??

I can see that this could be one of those "which way should the toilet
paper roll be hung" sort of things. I bake squashes cut side down. My
boyfriend bakes them up. I usually start dinner so I start the squashes
down. He then goes into the kitchen, flips the squashes and puts a
little butter in them with the theory that the butter will bake in
before serving.

(To answer your question, it doesn't make a huge difference one way or
t'other.)

--Lia