Hunt

In article >, santa19992000
@yahoo.com says...

>Hunt,
>
>Thanks for nice posting, I always used to see alholic drinks in
>Costco, you suggested me to for local wine shop, if you know could you
>please give me the some of the local shops in US. By the way, I swa
>these two brands in Costco, these two I saw before your posting, one
>is "Raven Wood Vitners Blend" and second one is "Beajolas Villages
>(Louis Jadot)", each one is around $8 and Alcohol is around 12.5%, I
>don't know whether they are good onee?. thanks.

As to retailers, what area of the US are you in? It appears that you posted
through Google &/or Yahoo, so I can't get a handle on your ISP. Also, rather
than just going to a liquor retailer (though you might get good wine advice),
I'd look into wine specific shops.

As for the Ravenswood VB, it's a nice, inexpensive Zin. As it IS a blend, the
"house style" doesn't change much from year to year. I keep a case of it, plus
the Peachy Canyon Paso Robles (just a bit more expensive), as "house" Zins,
especially for cooking, when a medium>full-bodied red is required. It is also
a nice quaff, while cooking. A bit one dimensional, it does have nice fruit on
the palette, though the alcohol levels are up a bit, as with most Zins.

The Jadot is a very nice entry-level Beaujolais (Gamay grape), from a region
in lower Burgundy. It is a step above the Nouveau Beaujolais, which is about
to make its appearance at the end of November. The Beaujolais Villages offers
quite a bit more in the way of character, than the Nouveau, for just a few $
more - well worth it. If you like the Villages, there are several levels of
Beaujolais up from it, and most that you'll find in US are not very expensive.
Each of those has more unique character, though often less "fruit." As
expressed in this thread, put a slight chill on it, before serving.

Hunt