DJS0302

Default Homemade candy shelf life

Do things like homemade fudge or divinity ever go bad? I know the quality can
deteriorate but do they actually spoil? We always make a lot of candy around
the holidays but apparently we made too much and didn't put it all out last
year. I was cleaning out the closet and found a sealed tupperware bowl that I
had been missing full of fudge. It was still soft and it smelled okay but I
was wondering if was still safe to eat. It's a cooked fudge made with sugar,
butter, marshmallows, evaporated milk, chocolate chips, and nuts.