Ray Calvert

"MOhar871" > wrote in message
> anyone have any clue as to why some of my wine would have mold growing on
> the
> outside of the cork...these were bottled early in spring and there are
> several
> with mold...hmmm, i hope it is safe to drink. we opened some of them and
> they
> are fine inside

As long as it stays on the outside you are probably OK. Just clean it off
before opening.

The question is, why is it there? It is not normal. Did you spill
something on the bottles after bottling are was something on the corks
before bottling, in which case it may have done something to the wine.

I would not be overly concerned. It may effect the taste but it will not
make you sick. There are no known pathogens that live in wine. But you
might consider not aging the bottles effected over long. Just go ahead and
drink them up if they do not taste bad.

Ray