Janet Bostwick

"Mark D" > wrote in message
> Hi all, Does anyone know of a "common" store offhand that sells
> Semolina Flour?
> I've tried Wally-World, and they don't carry it (Doesn't surprise me)
> Does Albertsons?
>
> I wish to use it for Breads, and Pizza Dough.
> Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Try a health food store or food co-op. I'm able to get the fine semolina at
my food co-op in the bulk bin area for my bread making. Do you have a WINCO
grocery in your area? They carry a wide selection of flour, including
semolina in their bulk food area. You may be able to talk Albertsons into
carrying it for you but you will pay a premium for it way over what you
would pay at a health food store. Come on over to alt.bread.recipes and ask
the question, there may be someone there who knows of a source near you as
many of us use it. I am surprised however, that you say that bread dough
made with semolina flour produces a dense and tough bread. Are you using
100 percent semolina to make the dough?
Janet