PENMART01

(John Forrest Tomlinson) writes:

>>A friend has asked me to help devise a scheme to use in judging a
>>lasagne contest, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about
>>doing it?
>>
>>I'm thinking that the judges should consider each dish on a handful of
>>criteria, including appearance, taste and texture. Any thoughts?

>I like my pasta done _el dente_. An aquaintance likes hers boiled to paste.

That would be covered under "texture", a very subjective area for pasta
dishes... and from your extremely biased "boiled to paste" remark you wouldn't
be an objective/fair judge... I mean what would you think if someone rated your
pasta as undercooked may as well eat the cardboard box.

I think lasagna needs to also be judged according to catagory, ie. vegetable,
pork, fowl, just cheese, etc.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon