Dani

From: http://www.recipegoldmine.com/vegnopalitos/veg109.html

Nopalitos (Little Cacti)
3/4 pound nopal cactus paddles
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 jalapeņo chile, seeded and minced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon vinegar

Remove thorns from the cactus paddles and cut them into strips about 2
inches long by 1/4 inch wide. Boil the cactus paddles until they are soft
and the texture is much like that of cooked bell pepper.

Heat a saucepan over moderate heat. Add olive oil, jalapeņo chile and
onion. Cook until the onion is soft but not browned. Turn the heat to low.
Add tomatoes, cooked cactus paddles and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 30
minutes, adding the vinegar for the last 5 minutes of cooking.

Serves 4.

This is more like the dish I had.

Dani