PENMART01

> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
>
>>"maxine in ri" wrote:
>> It was early in the morning, and I had a couple of things to pick up at
>> the market on the way to work. The clerks were setting out the day's
>> goods, and on top of their cart were several packets of smoked herring.
>> It smelled soo good.!
>>
>> Got it home, and tried a piece. Bleh! Like eating a handful
>> of fishy salt.
>>
>> So this is not something to nibble with crackers and cheese of an evening.
>>
>> What can I do with it? How can I desalinate it? Why did it have to smell
>> so good???

>Was it dried too? If so, you need to soak it in water overnight, much like
>bacalao.
>
>Jack Fishy

Probably similar to salt packed anchovy, not really dried like salt cod, but
needs soaking with numerous changes of water. But there are so many different
ways of preparing smoked-salted herring/fish it's impossible to know what the
OP has without more detailed info.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon