Dave Smith

maxine in ri wrote:

> It was early in the morning, and I had a couple of things to
> pick up at the market on the way to work. The clerks were
> setting out the day's goods, and on top of their cart were
> several packets of smoked herring. It smelled soo good.!
>
> Got it home, and tried a piece. Bleh! Like eating a handful
> of fishy salt.
>
> So this is not something to nibble with crackers and cheese of
> an evening.

I had a bad experience with them too. My wife had bought some as a
special treat for Christmas breakfast. I had been out to a Christmas
party the night before and had had quite a bit of eggnog. My system does
not cope well with a lot of cream (or too much rum) and I assumed that
combination was the cause, but it turned out that I was coming down with
a case of stomach flu. I ended up staying home on Christmas Say while my
wife and son went out for the family Christmas dinner and I spent most
of the day on the throne. Obviously my taste buds were a little off
that day and I would have blamed my condition for the revulsion.
However, my dog would not eat the herring, and this was a dog who used
to eat up the cat's turds before she had a chance to bury them. I have
never been inspired to give it another try.