Musashi

"nut" > wrote in message =
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.=20
>=20
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing. =

>=20
> can you eat that carp or crap? =20
>=20
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the =
purpose of eating.
In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are =
sal****er so
you won't see it too often.
In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. They =
fry up
the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked =
carp with paprika.
Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite =
Fish".
Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up to =
me and asked
me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where he =
was from as he
had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes =
carry
"sable". This is smoked carp.
Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a =
couple of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. =
Others,especially Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript =
"fish".
I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.