Nexis

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "John" > wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > We just came back from Slovenia where we ate wonderful cremeschnitte
> > in Bled and Ljubljana. On the off chance that we might be able to make
> > it on our own, can someone provide us with an authentic recipe?
> >
> > Thanks.

> I did a google search on "cremeschnitte" and found that it was a bar of

face
> soap.

http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DG

There is a cremeschnitte soap, yes. But there is also a dessert pastry with
the same name. Basically, you take puff pastry and cut it into rectangles,
and bake it. Then you split it through the middle horizontally. Spread the
bottom half with raspberry or apricot jam, the pastry cream that has been
lightened with whipped cream. Top with the other half and then make a glaze
with confectioners' sugar and water or lemon juice to drizzle on. You can
also sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar alone.

kimberly