zxcvbob

Default crabapples

I picked 5 pounds of crabapples yesterday and am gonna juice them today
to make jelly. The SureJell and Certo boxes both say to remove the
stems and blossom ends before cooking the apples to extract the juice.
(I'm gonna simmer and mash these for 15 minutes, not use the steam
juicer). What if I don't remove the stems and blossom ends? These are
small crabapples, I don't know the variety, they are red skinned with
rose-colored flesh, and about 3/4" to 1 1/4" in diameter. It would be
*way* too much work to clean these.

I just wanna wash 'em, pick out the leaves and loose stems, and boil
them (the apples, not the loose stems and leaves).

I may try juicing the next batch in the steamer and see what difference
it makes.

Best regards,
Bob