rox

Generally when I've bought rice vinegar billed as "seasoned," the seasoning
is sugar. My "Asian" dressings taste sweet when I use it. You might also
experiment with rice wine vinegar. Also, I have read Japanese salad dressing
recipes where one of the ingredients is sugar.

Give this a try for starters:

1 part seasoned rice vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1 part soy sauce
a few drops of sesame oil
3 parts vegetable oil

mix first three ingredients and add oil gradually, beating until emulsified