Craig Watts

>>My question is: what will happen to the exposed peppers? Should I keep the
>>jars in the fridge in case the peppers will go bad?
>>
>>Thanks for any advice,
>>GH

>Not to worry. What you did was kill the bad guys in the air space by
>BWB. They should keep just find. BWB kills molds at 220 degrees.
>That's the only worry with what you have packed. Acidity takes care of
>the rest. Put 'em on the shelf and enjoy.

Hold the phone. I just though about my reply and needed to add more.
We pack our jars then BOIL the 50/50 mix. Then pour over the packed
jars. Did you boil the vinigar first?

When canning the processing time is used to calculate the time needed
to bring the entire contents up to x' degrees. It's like saying can
you boil water in ten minutes? A quart yes, 3 gallons -no. So the
question is did you get the entire contents up to a safe number. Did
you did this by pre boiling vinigar mix or BTWing for a lenght of
time?

Personally you are practising iin a very safe environment. Vinigar and
peppers are an easy combo not to get the bad guys and get sick.