Richard Feldman

Couple of things. You say 2 tablespoons of beans. Are you measuring beans
and then grinding? Measure out 2 Tb of ground coffee per 6 oz. of water.
Bring the water to just below the boil, 195 - 205 degrees. Pour half the
water into the press. Give the it a stir. Add the rest of the water. Set
your timer for exactly 4 minutes, no more no less. At 4 minutes press down
the plunger.

But more important than all this, what are you using to brew? By that I mean
how fresh are the beans you grind? When you first add water to the coffee
does it foam up at all? If it doesn't, your beans are stale. Assuming the
beans were fresh when you bought them, they have a shelf life of no more
than 2 weeks once opened.

Richard