Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Mirro pressure canner

On 2014-08-28 22:24:35 +0000, Ophelia said:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> On 2014-08-28 18:20:01 +0000, said:
>>
>>> I just bought a mirro p. canner and all it would do is hiss. Thank you
>>> for this info, I now feel better that I'm not going to provision
>>> myself. I wish they would update their info

>> If it is hissing all the time, sounds like you have the heat up too
>> high. That has a weighted gauge, doesn't it? Ask on r.f.preserving.

> Barb, is that group still active? I read but there has been no
> activity since August that I can see.

Rather small, I think. George Shirley keeps it going. There are other
resources online that are easier to access, but I don't trust the
information, oddly, as much as I trust what goes on on r.f.p. Most
people are clueless about Usenet. More's the pity. :-(

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013