Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default substitution question

On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 11:07:10 -0800, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

> Chile de arbol is pretty hot stuff. The Aleppo pepper is worth a shot if
> you just want a little warmth rather than mouth-burning heat. Start out
> with the 1 teaspoon and add more to taste.

I used the Aleppo and it was perfect, thanks. What little flavor it
had went well with the dish. I used less cream than the recipe called
for, but it was still too rich for me. Not sure if it's because my
cold was at its worst then or if I just plain didn't like cream with
squash, but I will substitute broth for all of it next time and see
how that goes.