Peter Aitken

Default Neat way to cook Alaska King Crab Legs (Thanks Alton Brown)

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
.. .
> Default User wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> OMG, microwaved crab legs??? Bruce, exactly how difficult is it to
> >> put them in a large pot of boiling water?

> > Ummmm, the fact that you have to boil a big pot of water just to do a
> > few crab legs?
> >

> Those "few" crab legs can probably feed 4-6 people, if they are truly King
> crab and not Snow crab being sold as "king".
>
> > Wrapped in wet paper towels, that's a very convenient way to steam
> > your
> > crab legs. Sounds like an excellent idea to me. What's your objection
> > it?

> Microwaved food simply doesn't taste the same to me. I use the microwave
> for reheating leftovers, occasionally for steaming veggies. If I'm going

> pay $20+ for King crab legs, I surely hope I can afford to boil a big pot

of
> salted water to toss them in.

King crab legs are already cooked when you buy them - at least I have never
seen them raw. If they are red, they are cooked. So you *are* reheating
leftovers. But I think steaming is better than MW or boiling.

--
Peter Aitken