Paul M. Cook©®

Default Neat way to cook Alaska King Crab Legs (Thanks Alton Brown)

"Carryon" > wrote in message
> Paul M. Cook©® wrote:
> > "Bruce K." > wrote in message
> >
> >>I've always been wary of trying to cook Alaskan King Crab Legs.
> >>
> >>These babies cost up to $20.00 a lb.
> >>
> >>On food TV last week Brown had a greaat way to prepare them:
> >>
> >>1. Take 3 legs and cut them in half (using scissors).
> >>
> >>2. Wrap them in 2 wet layers of paper towels.
> >>
> >>3. Wrap package in plastic wrap.
> >>
> >>4. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
> >>

> >>Hope this helps someone.

> > I did not hear this! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!
> >
> > Microwave king crab? Whoever would do this deserves to be drowned in

melted
> > butter.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> It works very well, saves water and doesn't heat up the kitchen.

Microwaving changes the texture of food. Something about steaming it from
within by erupting the cell structure like popcorn. It just does not taste
the same and a delicate, expensive meat like king crab deserves much better
treatment than you would employ to reheat a hot dog or a frozen burrito.

Paul