Carryon

Default Neat way to cook Alaska King Crab Legs (Thanks Alton Brown)

Bruce K. wrote:
> I've always been wary of trying to cook Alaskan King Crab Legs.
>
> These babies cost up to $20.00 a lb.
>
> On food TV last week Brown had a greaat way to prepare them:
>
> 1. Take 3 legs and cut them in half (using scissors).
>
> 2. Wrap them in 2 wet layers of paper towels.
>
> 3. Wrap package in plastic wrap.
>
> 4. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
>

> Hope this helps someone.
>
> Bruce

Just prepared them this way yesterday. Worked very well but I used the
natural paper towels from the health food store.
Doing them this way doesn't waste water.
Crab question:
Do these huge legs have any kind of body? Something like a real crab?
I just can't imagine seeing one whole. They look a bit like spiders
don't they.