Fred

Default Proofing bread at home.

"Fred" > wrote in message
. net...
> I learned how bakers proof bread at the culinary school today. I had a
> chance to use the big wet warm cabinet called a proofer. How do you do it
> at home? Do you just wait longer in cooler temperatures or is there some
> good way to produce the effects of a proofer in a home kitchen?
>
> Fred
> The Good Gourmet
> http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

Thanks for the tips. I was really concerned about proofing after the loaves
are made up. The first proofing isn't much of a deal and room temp. seems
fine to me. The idea of starting and then stopping the oven makes sense.
I'll work with that idea. In fact I'll make up some dinner rolls at the
store today and test the process in our "consumer kitchen." Take care.