Katra

Default What does turtle taste like?

Dave Smith wrote:

> Katra wrote:
>
> > I actually have to agree with this. :-)
> > That is why I only ate a turtle that _had_ to be killed.
> > Before that, even tho' I was curious about trying the meat,
> > I could just never bring myself to kill a healthy turtle.
> > I run into them in the river all the time when I go snorkeling.

> The only time I ever killed a turtle was when I was staying on a friend's farm and we drained the pond that was our
> swimming hole. We found a snapper in there that was more than two feet across, and he was nasty.

One that size can be pretty dangerous too! Their necks are nearly as
long as their shells, so holding them by the backside is no guarantee.
They can easily take off a finger or two. :-P

So, was he tasty?

> > It's tempting tho' sometimes when you are fishing and they
> > keep taking your bait! <G>

> It's even more frustrating when they eat your catch. We once left some fish on a stringer in the water while we
> tended to something else for a while. We came back about an hour later and found a string of fish bones.

Yah. They are death on trot lines too! Trot lines are legal in Texas and
quite effective for catfish in Canyon lake. :-)

LOOoooove big catfish! Yum!

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra