Posted to rec.food.cooking
Marcella Peek Marcella Peek is offline

Default Costco Organic Ground Beef

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:10:13 -0700, Kent wrote:
>
> > I think "normal" ground beef is 20% fat. A restaurant "gourmet" hamburger
> > is usually 20% fat. A lean ground beef hamburger is too dry and lacks
> > flavor. Always go for 20% and make sure the beef is ground on site.
> > Costco's
> > hamburger is.

> The organic ground beef they sell at our stores are pre-packaged. I
> think they're in 3 1-lb cryovac packages. But I don't pay attention
> to them. Never bought ground beef there - too much real meat to
> choose from.
>
> -sw

Almost (at least at my local store) It used to be in one pound packages,
not it's three 1 1/3 pound packages for a total of 4 pounds. Irritates
me. I stopped buying it when they increased the package size. I'm too
lazy to go home, slit open the packages, and repackage it in smaller
portions for freezing.

It was good when it was in 1 lb portions, but when the size change the
brand changed too and maybe that's the difference your finding as well.

marcella