Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Costco Organic Ground Beef

When did they change it? Or do they carry more than one kind now? I bought
some a few weeks back and noticed that the packaging is different. But the
meat was fine.

Then this past Sunday I bought some more. Made Spanish brown rice with 1/3
of it. The end result although tasty was very greasy. I assumed I had used
too much olive oil, even though I really didn't use much. Just a little to
toast the rice.

But then I used it again tonight for spaghetti sauce. I noticed a large
amount of grease in the pan, which I blotted off. But the resulting sauce
was still greasier than I wanted.

So I looked at the remaining package. It is now 85% lean and 15% fat. I
could have sworn that it used to be more lean. Or maybe I bought the wrong
thing? Do they make it in different percentages of leanness?