Posted to rec.food.equipment
jt august jt august is offline

Default Stick (handheld) blenders vs. tabletop blenders.

In article >,
"AL_n" > wrote:

> Can anyone shine any other pros and cons of either type?

I have an Oster glass jar blender, an 80's model vita-mix w/SS jug and a
stick blender. I use all three, varying by job. I use the stick most,
and clean it as soon as I am done and put it back away. Got it at Kohls
on a $19.95 sale price. Detachable head, milk shake wand and wisk head
attachments, also, in carrying case. Stores nice.

The Oster is good for salad dressings and sauces where I need to retain
constant temp. Pre-heat or pre-cool glass as needed.

Vita-mix is vita-mix. Very poewrful, does its specialties very well,
must have minimum quantity or does not work, but love the power.
Smoothies are smoothe, purees are clean. Again, clean up as soon as
done is very easy.

I guess the stick is most used, Oster is least used, but I have all
three and use them.

Oster was inherited, by the way, and Vita-mix was only $1 at a garage
sale, the guy had no idea what he really had, but I did and was VERY
happy.

I have the benefit of a large basement, so I have ample room for my
cooking toys, and made special shelves in the kitchen so space is not a
concern.

jt