Posted to rec.food.equipment
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Stick (handheld) blenders vs. tabletop blenders.

Ed Pawlowski > wrote in
:

> Tabletop is going to be more versatile. You can grind and chop stuff
> in it, it is going to blend better and faster in most cases and can
> even store the results if need be.
>
> The stick is the least used appliance we own.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the input. It's funny, but I would have thought that a stick
blender would be more versatile than a jug blender, cosidering that it
doesn't restrict you to one single container for blending.

I too, have tended to gravitate towards jug blenders, but I often wonder if
that's just force of habit, as I grew up using those things (in the days
before stick blendes emerged).

Al