Posted to rec.food.equipment
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Stick (handheld) blenders vs. tabletop blenders.

I'm faced with the dilemma of whether to choose a tabletop blender or a
handheld stick blender. I can see advantages in both, but I only have the
budget (and space) for one!

My main use for these gadgets is making smoothies and protein shakes. Here
is what I see as the advantages of each type:

____Hand-held Blender:___
Easier and quicker to clean
Takes up less room in the dishwasher
Takes up less room, period.
Enables me to blend stuff that is in many kinds of container.

___Tabletop blender:___
Always in one place, so easy and quick to locate
No possibility of splashing or spattering
No little bits to mislay

While a tabletop blender takes up more space on the worktop, I can imagine
that a stick blender is more of a fiddle to stash away after use.

Can anyone shine any other pros and cons of either type?

Many thanks...

Al