Scott

Default Freezing heavy cream and half-and-half

In article >,
Michael Nielsen > wrote:

> Upsize/downsize until it matches the container sizes. You can get heavy
> cream in containers in cups, pints, and quarts. No need to save part of
> a cup container, you can use the rest in a sauce or an omelet.

I have recipes that use quarter- or half-cup sizes (e.g., some
frozen-yogurt recipes that have small quantities of cream added), plus
the fudge recipe that use a cup of half-and-half; I've never found the
half-and-half in anything less than pints, and can't always even find
cream in the cup sizes.

I don't use cream for sauces at all, nor in omelets. Thus the original
question: can it be frozen, since I don't use it otherwise. Really, I
usually don't ask a question if there is a simple answer.

please mail OT responses only