Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Best non stick technology

On Feb 23, 4:38*pm, David Dyer-Bennet > wrote:
> dsi1 > writes:

> >> Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? *(Or of somebody very important in
> >> your life.)

> > Loyalty arises out of obligation. If you spend time thinking of
> > reasons to get out of your obligations, you haven't quite gotten the
> > concept of loyalty. As it goes, I'm only loyal to my wife and kids and
> > my dad. My father has people that are loyal to him and I admire him
> > for that but do not envy his position - I consider that to be a heavy
> > weight to carry.

> It's no effort. As I say, you clearly have a rather mild imagination.
>
> From my point of view, you claimed a level of loyalty that was
> essentially infinite, and *that* isn't something I believe in.

Good point. The only "infinite" loyalty I have is to my son, which is
exemplified when years ago a boating friend of mine asked me if I
absolutely HAD to kill one or the other, would I kill my father or my
son? And I without hesitation I said "My father, and I would expect my
son to make the same choice if forced to." And he knew that I knew
exactly what he was getting at my asking such a question.

But that absolute notwithstanding, I think it's reasonable to expect a
somewhat less extreme level of loyalty between long time "friends".
Bryan was the "friend" I had for the longest time of people not
related by blood to me. And I finally realized what I had been
suspecting for a LONG time now, that Bryan is no longer any kind of
"friend" to me, if he ever was. I think he was more in the past. For
chrissakes, we lived together 3 times, and almost came to fisticuffs
that 3rd time! But he was never such a deliberate and extreme asshole
to me as he was here on RFC. Never. That was the level of loyalty we
used to respect with each other. Being at least minimally decent and
sometimes better than that to each other.

I knows Bryan will turn this around and say "But you called me
obsessed!" But he is, as evidenced over and over and over.

John Kuthe...