Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Farm Raised Trout?

On 18/02/2012 5:44 PM, James Silverton wrote:

> Avoid "heads removed for your convenience" or so you can't see the eyes,
> which should bulge out a little and be shiny.

Some people don't want their food looking at them. Back in the late 60s
my mother used to get frozen Idaho rainbow trout and cook them up for
us. She had to remove the head from my father's trout because he was a
little squeamish about things like that.... and pink meat. My brothers
and I were always careful to slip the meat off the bones and leave the
heads intact and all pointing toward my father. I thought that our
efforts to get under his skin were all in vain because he never said
anything, but years later he told my wife about us doing it, and how he
could not react and let us win.