Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Are You Fixing A Special Dinner For Valentine's Day?

Gary wrote:

>About 25 years ago, my wife left me (and
> our 7-year-old daughter). She said she
> was tired of being a wife and a mother
> and she ran off with her boss who was
> also married. How "soap opera" is that?> hahahaha

>Anyway, the day she left was February
> 13 and it was Friday the 13th too that
> year! Good one.

>Not only that, it was the day before
> Valentine's Day. ARRGHHHHH! That
> hurt even worse. She couldn't have
> timed it better to hurt me.

Gary, your post touched my heart, as a similar thing happened in our
family...in 2002 our youngest son's wife, who we loved as a daughter,
left him and their two daughters, then ages 11 and 12 for a old
boyfriend, and broke our son's heart in two. He was a GREAT
father/mother and those girls have grown into lovely young women. His ex
married the guy she ran off with, but now they are in the process of a
divorce, so what goes around, comes around!

Our son also remarried in our living room 7 years ago next month, to a
nice lady with a son and daughter, who he adopted, after their own dad
committed suicide. They have a good life and I'm thankful my son found
happiness again, but I know the old scars are still there, and will
never be forgotten.

Congratulations on always being their for your daughter and raising her
on your own. I'm sure you are very proud of her, as she is of you! Does
she and her mother have any kind of relationship now? I will never
understand how a mother could ever leave her child?! I would have felt
like someone had ripped my heart out!

Judy