Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Are You Fixing A Special Dinner For Valentine's Day?

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Lin and I make special dinners for February 13th and for February 14th.
> (We call February 13 "Proposal Day" since that's the date I proposed to
> her.)

Well! You two certainly have a better history of those 2 days than I do.

About 25 years ago, my wife left me (and our 7-year-old daughter). She said
she was tired of being a wife and a mother and she ran off with her boss who
was also married. How "soap opera" is that? hahahaha

Anyway, the day she left was February 13 and it was Friday the 13th too that
year! Good one.

Not only that, it was the day before Valentine's Day. ARRGHHHHH! That hurt
even worse. She couldn't have timed it better to hurt me.

That was probably the lowest point in my life. So on Saturday (VT day) I
needed to get out of the house so I took my daughter to the local roller
rink for some skating. Even the roller rink was evil (to me) that day.
Every 3rd song (and roller session) they announced, "It's Valentine's Day so
this next session is couples-only." oh man.

"That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger?"

That's all ancient history now though. I've had a great life since and the
best thing is that I got to raise my daughter by myself and be there for her
all of her growing years. Yeah...even the annoying teenage years. Much
better than paying child support and rarely seeing her. I was her
elementary school's very first male "room mother." :-D

Gary