Ross Reid

Default effect of magnets??

"Vic Whirlwind" > wrote:

>I recently went into a wine supply store, and the shop owner told me about a
>new product that supposedly "ages" the wine in about 30 minutes. It costs
>about $40 and is made mostly of magnets. Has anybody here had any
>experience with such a device or know anything about it? If it would make
>it quicker to age my wines, I would be more than happy to pay for one.
>However, I do not want to fall for a gimmick designed to lure in winemakers
>who can't bear to wait for wines to age.
>
>I would appreciate any help.
>
>Vic

Why not get one and make it multi-tasking. When you're not fast-aging
your wine with the magnets, you can:
a) strap it to your incoming water line and it will magically soften
your water and de-scale the pipes without the use of salt or other
chemicals.
b) wear it on your wrist or around your neck to relieve the pain of
arthritis.
c) use it to hold notes on your refrigerator door.
d) suddenly realize, if something sounds too good to be true, it
probably is.

Ross