Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] pltrgyst@xhost.org is offline

Default Info required on induction cooker settings

>> >I recently bought an induction cooker. It has settings like 'hot
>> >pot' (cooking in terms of watts), fry (in terms of temperature), soup,
>> >congee and steam.
>> >Can anyone here please help (any pointers to online documents would
>> >also be helpful).

>> O have three induction hobbs, and all gthree have numerical settings from 1 to
>> 10. *Each also has the ability to cook by temperature, ranging from 150 deg *to
>> 400 deg. F. I've never seen settings as you describe.
>>
>> What make and model is yours?

>Mine is from Bajaj (Indian company). The model is ICX 6 (supports a
>max of 1600Watts)

The ICX 7 pictured on the Bajaj Web site is settable by power or temperature, as
well as having "8 preset cooking options" as you describe. If you don't have a
manual describing those settings -- which are merely convenient shortcuts -- you
have all the normal options available to you. And it would be better to use
power or temperature settings in your cooking anyway.

-- Larry