Greg Cook

Default Cranberry Wine Roxanne's Recipe

On 12/6/03 11:36 PM, in article ,
"spud" > wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've been lurking here for a few weeks and reading everything I can
> get my hands on about cranberry wine.
>
> Never having made wine before, I was intrugued with Roxanne's recipe
> (see below). But as my goodies bubble away I am concerned if this is
> going to turn out sweet or too high in alcohol, too hot.
>
> Since my research has found lots of folks that have made cranberry
> using this recipe or alternatively a starting out SG of 1.115, I was
> wondering if anyone would be willing to share thier impressions of the
> results. Too hot, too sweet just right, what?

I have made cranberry melomels two times now with good results. I find it
best just off dry - not too sweet. I have not made it with such a high
starting SG. My first batch was about 12.5% alcohol and the second was 11%.
I suspect yours will end up quit a bit higher. The alcohol may not be
balanced well with the amount of fruit you used. I think you will want to
sweeten it a bit more than I do to balance the higher alcohol.

--
Greg Cook
http://homepage.mac.com/gregcook/Wine

(remove spamblocker from my email)