Aaron Puhala

Default Can a grape vine change?

Grapes can and do experience what is called bud mutation. A bud on a given
vine can mutate into something "different" than the vine it is on. This is
most often observed as a shoot on a vine that has different fruit color,
leaf shape, disease resistance, etc. compared to the rest of the vine. It
is possible that the red grape is the result of a mutation of the original
white. One point of interest is that mutations (also called "sports"), if
reproducable by cuttings and shown to be superior in a given trait, can be
patented by the discoverer.

CHEERS!

Aaron

"Michael" > wrote in message