Dave Allyn

Default Can a grape vine change?

Are you POSITIVE it is a concord grape? could it just be a red grape?

Is it possible the grape got cross polinated with a red varity? I
don't know enough about grapes Genetics, to know which is the
dominant, but if red is dominant, and white reccessive, the cross
could very likely come up red.

just a thought....

On 12 Nov 2003 10:52:39 -0800, (Steve) wrote:

>How is it possible for a grape vine that produced a white grape
>somehow mutate to produce a red grape? My friend had a vine that
>produced a small white grape and now 7 years later the same vine is
>producing a slightly larger red concord grape. I know it's the same
>vine because there is only one trunk and it is stretched out over a
>large pergola.

email: dallyn_spam at yahoo dot com
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!