chickenfriend chickenfriend is offline
Member

Indeed, we have had a Champion for years and I just noticed 3/4's of the screen holes plugged.

After trying compressed air, which was of almost no benefit, I grabbed a plumber's brush. These are round wrapped steel bristle brushes that plumbers use to clean the insides of copper pipe fittings. Any hardware store has them.

First, scrub the screen with the brush. The brush wires will penetrate the screen and unplug most of the debris. Then, take the brush and roll in around on the screen; this will force the brush wires into the most stubborn remaining debris. I had about 5 holes that were still plugged after this, and these I simply cleaned with a sewing needle.

Using the plumber's brush to clean the screen should only take about 5 minutes or less.

I joined this forum just to post this information and hopefully it will show-up to anyone doing a Goggle search on Champion juicer plugged clogged screen cleaning.

Last edited by chickenfriend : 27-07-2011 at 04:47 PM