Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_5_] Brick[_5_] is offline

Default dry rub for ribs

On 16-Jun-2011, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> Going to smoke some St Louis cut ribs on Saturday for a fathers day
> celebration.
>
> I'm curious, the most recent rub recipe said to apply the rub 1 hour up to
> 8
> hours before cooking.
>
> How long do you leave the rub on before smoking?
>
> TIA
>
> Dimitri

I personally apply rub just before throwing the meat into the pit. Usually
less then two hours before. That, however, is not what I'd like to do. I
would rather apply the rub the day before and let it 'marinate' at least
overnight. I've seen several BBQ contestants lately declare that they
rub a day in advance and some of those are folks that usually score
in the top ten.
--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)