Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Heavy_Smoker Heavy_Smoker is offline

Default WSM brisket (without hourly mop)

unix said

> It did look perfect when I cut it. My friend suggested to try it with
> Grey Poupon and it was just heavenly. Also server with Bush beans on
> a side. One guy who owns a deli told me that 180 was way too high and
> suggested next time to take it out around 160. Any opinions?

If you want pulled pork, I don't think 160 would do. I shoot for 190. I
think the guy who owns the deli is smoking more than meat. ;-)

Nice reference:
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq/toc.html
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq/10.html#10.1.2

> Also, I was looking at some Maverick remote thermometers for WSM
> cooks. Are they fairly good or are there better bets? (I don't really
> want to spend too much $$ but do want something that is reliable).

I love mine. [Maverick Industries ET-73]
http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Indus...Chek-Wireless-
Thermometer/dp/B0000DIU49

--
Better living through smoking.