Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Freezing elephant garlic

Harvested the crop of elephant garlic this morning. To much to eat all
at once and it doesn't store well in our climate. Went to the UGA
website and they said to chop and freeze.

Cut the stems and root ends off, peeled the paper from the bulb, then
cut them into one-inch pieces. Ran through the food processor, then put
the garlic directly into some small vacuum bags I had on hand. Vacuum
sealed them and into the freezer. Rough estimate is about one pound of
chopped elephant garlic. Website also said when needed just break off a
chunk the size you need then reseal the bag.

House smells very aromatic now, makes me hungry.