Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hot dogs and baked beans

On 2/11/2011 5:37 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> It's what's for dinner.
> Hot dogs with wieners from Ready Meats on the other side of town; baked
> beans (or not baked) from Bush's. I have some chunky mango relish
> (blech!) from Harry& David that I'll use up either on the dogs or in
> the beans.

Large lima beans cooked with venison/pork sausage, onions, garlic, and a
smidgeon of chipotle powder. Served over fresh Arkansas cornbread, one
of our favorite meals when the weather is cold. I'm fighting another
!@#$% sinus infection so I need the comfort food.

Had Hebrew National hot dogs in whole wheat buns with homemade chili and
homemade pickle relish on top last night. Another comfort food for us
fifties greasers.