A.T. Hagan

Default What to eat after oral surgery?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 05:20:15 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Tomorrow I'm having several teeth extracted, affecting both sides of my
>mouth. Apart from the obvious, milk shakes...puddings...soups, etc., what
>would be a good choice of foods that don't require much if any chewing?
>
>Recipes welcome, too!
>
>TIA
>
>Wayne

Some years ago I had a particularly difficult wisdom tooth extraction.
I probably won't remember everything, but for the week or so it took
to heal up enough to eat solid foods again I ate:

Oatmeal, grits, soups without really large chunky bits, chowders the
same, mashed potatoes, potted meat (the last time I ever ate that),
noodles (swallowed whole), mashed winter squash, thoroughly cooked
summer squash, melted cheese (this one proved difficult), broth, fruit
smoothies with yogurt or powdered milk, yogurt, and kefir.

There's more that I'm sure I'm forgetting it. I used it as an excuse
to try a lot of things.

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -