Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_25_] Sqwertz[_25_] is offline

Default Seasoning cast iron pans using Flaxseed oil

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:34:14 -0800, Kent wrote:

> Some of his is advice is good. Some of it, like using linseed oil to make
> cast iron turn into a stable nonstick pan is absolute horseshit.

Well, gee, Kent. It seems they're right this time. No matter how
irritating PBTM can be, I would tend to trust him over on this
issue, rather than you unsubstantiated opinions.

Not that he had anything at all to do with the articles you're
quoting, mind you.

Have you tried it? Do you have any evidence that flaxseed oil
should *not* be used?

-sw