Thomas Curmudgeon

Default Removing alcohol

Ruiseart agus Ceit wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Just a quickie for you wine experts Does boiling remove the alcohol
> from mead/wine, and if so, how long should it be boiled?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ruiseart.

Is this a serious question?

We assume boiling would ruin the taste of wine.

You can buy alcohol free wine, I have a bottle I bought 6 or 7 years
ago. Never opened it, looks like crusty old grape juice, but I
understand alcohol free wine tastes more like wine than unfermented
grape juice. Maybe one day I'll actually taste some.

If you're cooking with wine, don't worry about the alcohol for non
drinking people, it will all burn off.

I doubt mead comes without alcohol, though. But who knows.