Arne Ahronovich

Default Removing alcohol

It depends on the quality of the wine. I have found that Mouton Rothschild
sometimes needs to be boiled for hours and hours. You could perhaps use a
microwave for a faster elimination, which worked quite well when I tried
this method on a 1955 Chteau Gillette Crème de Tête last weekend. It
devoloped a magnificent taste of roasted marshmallows and hot Dr. Pepper on
the palate. But be sure to give that baby at least 700 watts for half an
hour or so.

Seriously, you can remove alcohol from wine or any other alcoholic beverage
by boiling it - thats how they made de-alc'd beer before the days of inverse
osmosis. The time to fully de-alc will depend on the content of alcohol, the
quantity of wine, the shape of the container you boil it in and, of course,
the time you will need to bring the whole thing to a boil.
You could try to accelerate the process by having your local pyromaniac
ignite the evaporating alcohol with a lighter though(«Chteau Pétrus
flambé»). But DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME FOLKS!

"Ruiseart agus Ceit" > wrote in
m.au...