Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_14_] Jeßus[_14_] is offline

Default Recipe: coffee flavored pancakes

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:22:46 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Jean B. wrote:
>
>> How 'bout coffee-hazelnut pancakes? OMG! Now I am thinking of coffee
>> pancakes with Nutella. I'd better banish that thought immediately.

>Ohhh....... That's very evil.
>
>Thing is, if you have coffee in the pancakes, what do you drink with them? I
>like a glass of milk at breakfast, but it seems to be a fairly uncommon
>practice. Orange juice might be a bit sharply acidic with the pancakes.
>Maybe an Orange Julius-like concoction?

How about a Chai Latte? I reckon it'd go well with coffee pancakes, or
pancakes in general.

Chai Tea Ingredients:

Black Tea 10 teaspoons (25grams)(I prefer using Formosan Tea)
Cardamon Seeds (5 grams)
Cinnamon Sticks (2-3 sticks) or
Cinnamon Ground 2 1/2 teaspoons (8 grams)
Ginger Powder (1 teaspoon)
1 Clove Ground
How to Make Chai Tea:

Please note there are many ways to make Chai Tea and this is one which
I prefer. Listed below are other tips and variations you can try.

Step 1: Using a coffee/spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind up
spices.

Step 2: Add tea to spice mixture. Fill tea pot or coffee plunger with
boiling water and add spice mixture. Use 3/4 cup boiling water and 4
teaspoons of tea/spice mixture per serve. Let stand 3-4 minutes. Heat
milk using stove top, microwave or even better use a coffee machine so
you can produce frothy milk. This gives a cafe style chai tea latte.
Add heated milk and sweeten to taste.

Tips and Hints for making Chai Tea:

* If you don't have a grinder, you can use a mortar and pestle,
however you should grind the ingredients seperately to avoid mix
becoming too fine.
* This recipe is unsweetened so you can add sugar to suit your
taste.

Sauce: www.chailatterecipes.com

I tried one for the first time last week, and I was pretty impressed
(although not sure the recipe was exactly the same). Makes a great
alternative to coffee... just as long as you don't need the big
caffeine boost of course.